LIPOSUCTION, Pittsburgh – IS IT ALL IN THE BRAND NAME?
As women, no one can deny the power of brand name recognition. Most of us who know our brands see them everywhere! Whether they are in our fashion and beauty magazines, cars and even the bottled water we drink! Yes, there is no denying that brand names make us feel good about ourselves; they help to influence our decision on buying.
Brand recognition has also made its way into the Plastic Surgery industry, especially in the area of Liposuction. Pittsburghpatients may wonder how the “branding” of liposuction technology really deliver improved safety and effectiveness? It is true of any medical procedure that the better the technology is, the safer and more efficient the procedure becomes for both patient and surgeon. Of course the surgeon’s skills are another factor in safety and effectiveness, and you would always want to choose a fully-experienced plastic surgeon that is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Liposuction Names You’ve Heard
- VASER® LipoSelection® uses an ultrasound probe to break up fat cells for easier fat removal.
- Prolipo Plus ™ is a minimally invasive, ultra-high powered laser system that melts unwanted fat and coagulates tissue, for a smoother, tighter, and more attractive body contour. Benefits include minimal downtime, bruising and discomfort, as well as a fast treatment time.
- Cynosure Smartlipo™ uses laser energy to break up fat cells. It has the added benefit of reducing bleeding and bruising for faster recovery and can aid in the tightening of skin after liposuction, for a smoother look.
- Palomar SlimLipo™ also uses laser energy and suggests benefits similar to those of the Smartlipo procedure.
- CoolTouch® CoolLipo™ is also a method of laser-assisted liposuction.
- Zeltiq ™ uses the method called Cryolipolysis ™ to cool and remove excess fat. The technology targets only fat cells, so skin and other tissue remains completely unharmed. This procedure is non-invasive and non-surgical.
- ZERONA ™ uses low level laser energy. Fat cells are liquefied and your body gradually absorbs and removes the treated fat through its natural cleansing process.
Brian Vassar Heil, MD FACS has carefully selected the PRO-LIPO™ laser lipolysis system for his AAAASF Surgery Center. The ProLipo™ Nd:YAD laser has both 1064 nm and 1319 nm Nd:YAG source filters. This combination of wavelengths is desirable for blending different types of lipolysis. For example, the 1064 nm wavelength improves skin tone, acts on collagen fibers, concentrates on blood vessels and fat cells, and heats the skin more slowly. The 1319 nm wavelength targets water in the dermal collagen and melts the fat by bursting the cells, making fat extraction easier and also promoting skin tightening, while heating the skin more quickly. Used together, these wavelengths can both increase successful outcomes and patient throughput.
Doctor Heil has found ProLipo™ truly lives up to its claims of limited recovery time and exceptional results. However, no matter the hyped brand names, there are the tried and true technologies that he will continue to use in his practice. Among those include Ultrasonic Liposuction and Power Assisted Liposuction (PAL), procedures providing optimal safety and effectiveness.
In short, the explosion in medical aesthetic technology and the use of “branding” has resulted in literally a flooding of new products, procedures and devices, all claiming to be the latest and greatest. Doctor Heil takes pride in his dedication and caution in sorting out the so called, “hype” to provide his patient’s with safe and effective liposuction. Pittsburghresidents are lucky his methods of treatment are based on quality and his own experience-based conclusions, NOT marketing and advertising hype. In doing this, he can provide a positive, powerful and lasting impact on his patient’s life. Better names do not necessarily mean better results. This at least is true in the aesthetic world.